help! caring for a baby hermann tortoise and all i feed it is lettuce :(

Alex and the Redfoot

Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus
i really appreciate you! im going to stop feeding it romainne and only give it arugula. i believe a type of mallow is native to the UAE and I will search for it.
Give both! Variety is the key in their diet. No plant is perfect, so you have to rotate what you offer. Lettuces aren't harmful, they just low on nutrients and fiber (especially, iceberg lettuce).

Mallow is a great addition to diet. Also, look in garden centers for edible plants. I think hibiscus and mulberry trees may be sold there as well as decorative flowers and succulents such as geranium or opuntia.

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Location (City and/or State)
Finland
Give both! Variety is the key in their diet. No plant is perfect, so you have to rotate what you offer. Lettuces aren't harmful, they just low on nutrients and fiber (especially, iceberg lettuce).

Mallow is a great addition to diet. Also, look in garden centers for edible plants. I think hibiscus and mulberry trees may be sold there as well as decorative flowers and succulents such as geranium or opuntia.
Yeah giving lettuce as a part of a varied diet has nothing wrong with it, especially if you add fiber with some tortoise pellets.