Help! 3-4 mo old attacked by cat!

teresaf

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Port Charlotte, Florida
That raises humidity. That and a 6" diameter (or bigger) Terra cotta planter saucer full of water. Remember as humidity goes up temp goes down so keep temp up.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Most people don't think cats attack tortoises but yes they do!!! They do sometimes just like a dog. Keep us updated on your tortoise and I wish you and the tort the best of luck.
Oh yes the can! Cats can be very 'sly' if so I may put it.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Very sorry to have just read how your cat attacked your tort. Sincerely hope your tort is now better.

I've been thinking of getting a kitten, and have NOT yet made up my mind for this reason. A cat can attack and HURT a tortoise, whilst the latter is HELPLESS. So I am still hesitant.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
How traumatic for your hatchling and for you. :( I am glad that he/she is doing better now. Have you read the care sheet on hatchlings which talks about a closed chamber which keeps the humidity up so the hatchling will have smooth shell growth?

leobaby15

He is doing great! Doubled his weight the in 60 days I've owned him. I have him in a indoor enclosed container with 75-90% humidity. Also have him an outdoor enclosure to get some natural light a couple hours a day...very humid here in south central Kansas so it works well. Thanks for the advise and caring thoughts!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
He is doing great! Doubled his weight the in 60 days I've owned him. I have him in a indoor enclosed container with 75-90% humidity. Also have him an outdoor enclosure to get some natural light a couple hours a day...very humid here in south central Kansas so it works well. Thanks for the advise and caring thoughts!
Excellent news.
Thanks for the update.