Helo

Esio Trot

Hello everyone,
I live in the UK with my tortoise, she's a two year old horsefield, her name is Petra and I love her to bits! She's a brilliant companion, she's got so much personality, is really inquisitive, and loves exploring and sun bathing!
I made a Tortoise table for her from a drawer and planted lettuce in it, put in small pebbles, a shelter etc., but I don't have the heart to keep her in there as she constantly tries to get out. She mainly lives in the garden or out in my flat with me.
I worry that she gets bored, she likes to climb (mainly into my shoes) so any suggestions to what else I could get her to climb would be very helpful.
Thank you,
Naomi

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Naomi!

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome, Good to have you here. Welcome! ! ! !

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Naomi welcome to the TFO from AZ , USA . It's not good to let a tort run around the house too many ways for it to get hurt , like torts like to put everything in their mouth ( electric wires ) they don't go around anything they go thought it . Have a great tort day !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome.
Some threads to help you out:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/russian-tortoise-care-sheet.80698/
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/

They do take time to get used to a new environment, but making that environment bigger and better, can shorten that time frame.

Loose in your flat is a very bad idea and often leads to injury or death. Loose in the garden is better, but often leads to losing the tortoise. Make a large escape proof dedicated enclosure outside, and save yourself some heart ache.

Reptilelove

Plymouth
Welcome to the forum! This place is great with loads of amazing advice :) be sure to post loads of pics!