Hello

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome to the forum. You have lots action in very short period. All very good.

Yourlocalpoet

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum Lolly.
Feeding fruit is fine (not citrus) for Redfoots, I would not feed too much kale and spring greens regularly, as they are both essentially cabbage.
Red foots are omnivorous tortoises so you should also try to incorporate some protein in there.

Sounds like you've done a great job so far. :)

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with salad mixes, Florette do some decent ones. I'm not a Redfoot keeper (I would love one but a tropical climate isn't easily to simulate in the UK) there are plenty on the forum who are though and will help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tortoise Forum

Last edited:

Lolly_g

The new growth will be smooth but the pyramiding won't go away. It will be less noticeable My female has pyramiding from me providing improper care when she was a hatchling :( I listened pet store and random websites before I found this forum. Now her new growth is coming in smooth. This is her to give u an idea of what to expect :) View attachment 90944

She is lovely! She looks quite big but hard to see size in the picture, how old is she?

Lolly_g

Welcome to the forum Lolly.
Feeding fruit is fine (not citrus) for Redfoots, I would not feed too much kale and spring greens regularly, as they are both essentially cabbage.
Red foots are omnivorous tortoises so you should also try to incorporate some protein in there.

Sounds like you've done a great job so far. :)

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with salad mixes, Florette do some decent ones. I'm not a Redfoot keeper (I would love one but a tropical climate isn't easily to simulate in the UK) there are plenty on the forum who are though and will help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tortoise Forum

Thank you, yes I am having a problem with the humidity, this weekend I am going to make a start on some sort of lid so the table is enclosed to hopefully increase the humidity.

I got them some wax worms today. One of them ate some but the other was not interested! Not sure if they've had them before they where poking at them like they didn't know what to do!