Hello!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicciu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Kansas
Hello everyone!
My name is Nicci, and I live in Massachusetts. I've had a life-long obsession so-to-speak with our shelled friends. Currently I have 2 box turtles, Autumn and Tracy. I've had them with me for about ten years. In the past I cared for about 40, which included a mix of all sorts of box turtles and water turtles; but they weren't technically mine. When I lived out in the midwest I helped run a little turtle rescue for turtles that were injured from being partially hit. :(

But thats ancient history! all those little guys either were returned back to the wild after they were better, or found a home that could care for them!
Lately I've been really wanting to get into tortoises. When I was in high school, someone brought a Sulcata in because they couldn't take care of her anymore, so she stayed at the school for a while. Since then I've been very interested in adopting one some day, but only now am I really trying to take action.

So thats me and my story! I'm excited to be a part of the forum!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Nicci:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

I hope you are able to get your tortoise some day.

I'd love to see pictures of Autumn and Tracy.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and WELCOME:D. Would like to see pics also. And there are always sulcatas needing forever homes. Good luck on your search

nicciu

5 Year Member
Kansas
Photo 274.jpg Here they are!

Last edited by a moderator:

nicciu

5 Year Member
Kansas
Thanks everybody for all the welcome! Everyone on here is so nice! lol. Its so cool that there is a community of strictly tortoise and turtle lovers. I'm happy to be a part of it! My boyfriend and I are thinking of ordering a baby sulcata this week!

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Welcome to TFO! In my opinion a Sulcata is not the tort for a spur of the moment decision, read read read and learn as much as possible about their care. TFO is great for that, you will find lots of help and guidance here!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Welcome to the FOrum!

Sulcatas ROCK!

..but they needs LOTS of room after about 7 years old! (like a 1/4 acre back yard for 1)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Nicci! I can understand why you would want a hatchling sulcata, they are adorable aren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.