Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cplax6

5 Year Member
Hi everyone! Just wanted to take a minute to say hello, recently moved to PA from NH and am beginning construction on my tortoise box so I can get my first Sulcata, I'm really looking forward to it! Nice to meet you all!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi cplax6:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name?

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Hey Chris. Welcome to the forum! You won't be disappointed, they're amazing creatures! Good luck with the enclosure. :)

Sky2Mina

10 Year Member!
Bangkok
Welcome to TFO Chris! I'd be excited to get a Sulcata. :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Hey Chris! So your getting a sulcata? Do you already have one picked out? A hatchling, teenager or adult? Have you had tortoises before? :D Snoopy aren't I? :D Welcome!! :tort:

cplax6

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
:D Hey Chris! So your getting a sulcata? Do you already have one picked out? A hatchling, teenager or adult? Have you had tortoises before? :D Snoopy aren't I? :D Welcome!! :tort:

No I don't have one picked out, but I would like a hatchling. Preferably a male but i know that's a 50/50 shot. No i have never had tortoises but I'm excited to start. I may get two I don't know. but for now I'm working on getting materials to build my enclosure. I'm also going to be growing food so I need to get that going too. And if you ask more questions I'll keep going :p

Chris

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
cplax6 said:
Jacqui said:

No I don't have one picked out, but I would like a hatchling. Preferably a male but i know that's a 50/50 shot. No i have never had tortoises but I'm excited to start. I may get two I don't know. but for now I'm working on getting materials to build my enclosure. I'm also going to be growing food so I need to get that going too. And if you ask more questions I'll keep going :p

Chris

:D Is that a promise or a threat to keep going if I ask more questions? :D :D

So why a sulcata? (and no, that was not said in a negative way :p )

cplax6

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
cplax6 said:
Jacqui said:

Chris

:D Is that a promise or a threat to keep going if I ask more questions? :D :D

So why a sulcata? (and no, that was not said in a negative way :p )

Both :D I want a Sulcata because it gets big and and lives a really really long time. I mean how cool is it to have a member of the family that my kids, grandchildren and maybe great grandchildren will get to meet? I'm also pretty excited about building my tortoise box...

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
cplax6 said:
Both :D I want a Sulcata because it gets big and and lives a really really long time. I mean how cool is it to have a member of the family that my kids, grandchildren and maybe great grandchildren will get to meet? I'm also pretty excited about building my tortoise box...

So how far are you on the enclosure part?

cplax6

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
cplax6 said:

So how far are you on the enclosure part?

Waiting for parts.... Im custom doing everything, and I am getting Polycarbonate for the sides and bottom for ease of cleaning, That take awhile to make in the sizes I need.... its going to be 4'x8' to start with 15" walls. I'll try and put pictures up when its done. I also just bought a my first house and that needs a lot of work too... so I'm going in a lot of directions at the moment

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Does sound like your busy. Try to take pictures as you go along, if you would. It really helps get a good idea of the work you put into the enclosure. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.