Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Inglewood, CA
Hello everyone,

I love my two red ear turtles. I have had one turtle over 15 years and the other for about eight years. I now would like to add to my turtle family by getting a tortoise. I live in Gardena Ca. (South Bay eight miles from the beach). I have the space for an outdoor pen and I have been researching on how to make them livable for a tortoise. I am considering on adopting a aldabra tortoise. What do you guys think of that tortoise and keeping in mind the local weather. Another question due to a fruit tree I do get the occasional racoon possum and other critter in my back yard. Should i be worried for the tortoise.

I just want all the answers and get all my what if's ready for my future friend.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi jedi:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name?

You say "adopt" but I really doubt you'll be able to find an aldabran in the rescues.

If you get a young tortoise (small) then, yes, you do have to worry about night time marauders. Small tortoises might be on the menu for them.

Good luck in your search for a tortoise. I think they're one of the very best kind of animals to have!

Jedi

5 Year Member
Inglewood, CA
I have updated my information, but I also do go by Jedi.

Is there anyone in the Southbay that would be able to guide me?

I say adopt, because I would rather give one a home that someone just cant care for them anymore before they do something bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.