Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adarsta86

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maine/New Jersey/Vermont
Hello and greetings from northern Maine! My name is Jennifer and I am the proud co-ownder (the other owner is microtrumpet) of a Russian Tortoise. His name is Rasputin and he is truly the joy of my heart. He is the first Tortoise I've ever owned, but I hope he will not be the only.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jennifer:

Welcome to the forum!!

movealongmosey

5 Year Member
Cincinnati Ohio
Welcome Jennifer! I don't know what it is about turtles that make people love them so much, but once you get one...your gonna need another! :D Get it? It's like the book "when you give a mouse a cookie!...." Okay, maybe thats just me :p
sorry for all the cheese,
Katie

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Great now we have both halves and can start feeling like we are getting the whole picture! :rolleyes::D Welcome! Maine is such a pretty area, except those signs saying to watch for moose are just their idea of a joke. :p :D Can:D you tell I am one of those frustrated folks yet to get to see a moose? :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Is it me you are looking for?
Welcome

Adarsta86

5 Year Member
Maine/New Jersey/Vermont
Jacqui said:
Great now we have both halves and can start feeling like we are getting the whole picture! :rolleyes::D Welcome! Maine is such a pretty area, except those signs saying to watch for moose are just their idea of a joke. :p :D Can:D you tell I am one of those frustrated folks yet to get to see a moose? :D

Maine is a very pretty area! It's not my ideal place to live though since it gets fairly cold and the year I moved they got a record 200 inches of snow! I also don't like the moose around the springtime. I had never seen one until I moved there and then all of a sudden I couldn't go anywhere without seeing at least ten.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Adarsta86 said:
Jacqui said:

Maine is a very pretty area! It's not my ideal place to live though since it gets fairly cold and the year I moved they got a record 200 inches of snow! I also don't like the moose around the springtime. I had never seen one until I moved there and then all of a sudden I couldn't go anywhere without seeing at least ten.

Not fair!! I wanna see some mooseies *goes into childish pout mode* :D Seriously, I look and look and never get lucky enough to see one. :(

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Isn't the plural of moose , miices?

Adarsta86

5 Year Member
Maine/New Jersey/Vermont
Jacqui said:
Not fair!! I wanna see some mooseies *goes into childish pout mode* :D Seriously, I look and look and never get lucky enough to see one. :(

LOL That's how I feel about Jeremy. I was born and raised in Vermont, which is where my family resides still. I've never seen a Moose in Vermont, in fact the first moose I saw was 6 months after I moved to Maine. He saw one last Christmastime, and I've been jealous ever since. I mean, really, it doesn't make any sense why a south Jersey boy would see a Vermont moose before a native!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
dmmj said:

:D!! You would think so wouldn't you. :D

Microtrumpet said:
dmmj said:

actually moose is both singular and plural

You soon come to recognize a lot of us have (or at least try to have) a sense of humor in here. :cool: Moose is just one of those words ya got to play around with. :D

Adarsta86

5 Year Member
Maine/New Jersey/Vermont
For you Jacqui:

I know it's not as good as seeing a moose in the flesh, but have faith--it'll happen!
1324678-A_moose_in_Baxter_State_Park-Maine.jpg

The other attached picture is of a Candian Lynx, which Jeremy and I came across one afternoon on the way home. By far the coolest wildlife I've encountered!
canada-lynx-graphic1.jpg

And, since this is a forum dedicated to tortoises, this is my baby! Rasputin!
34309_518638778175_160400137_30696745_7305005_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Adarsta86 said:
For you Jacqui:

I know it's not as good as seeing a moose in the flesh, but have faith--it'll happen!

The other attached picture is of a Candian Lynx, which Jeremy and I came across one afternoon on the way home. By far the coolest wildlife I've encountered!

And, since this is a forum dedicated to tortoises, this is my baby! Rasputin!

Oh I forgot about lynx, dang another animal to add to my list of "I gotta see in the wilds".

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Ha ha, welcome to the forum, with the usual dose of hilarity from some of our more "colorful" members :D ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.