Hello!

Gus.

Hello my name is Gus and I just joined this place. I think I will go have a look around. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Do you own a tortoise or turtle or looking into getting one? Maybe you just like them and want to check out all the cool info and pics we have here. Any or all the above are great reasons to be here.

Gus.

Hello and Welcome. Do you own a tortoise or turtle or looking into getting one? Maybe you just like them and want to check out all the cool info and pics we have here. Any or all the above are great reasons to be here.

Thanks! I am thinking about getting one so I joined up here to learn some stuff.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Tortoises don't need a friend so probably the best pet for someone gone 9 hours a day. Lol. Their enclosures are kinda of a pain to set up but once it's done then the hard part is done.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
What space do you have available for one? If inside need to be big enough. Most people say at least 4x6. Outside enclosures need to be safe from predators and escape proof. Do you know what type you are interested in? Here's some items to consider. What qualities are you looking for? No digger? Small, large or something in between? Shy or outgoing? Carnivorous or vegitarian? Hibernating or no hibernation?

Gus.

Tortoises don't need a friend so probably the best pet for someone gone 9 hours a day. Lol
Thats awesome. :D
What space do you have available for one?
Not a ton of space but enough for a small one I suppose
Outside enclosures need to be safe from predators and escape proof.
Good tip.
Do you know what type you are interested in?
Somewhat.
No digger?
Preferably not, but thats not a deal breaker.
Small, large or something in between?
small
Shy or outgoing?
outgoing
Carnivorous or vegitarian?
vegetarian
Hibernating or no hibernation?
no hibernation I suppose.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
I hear the box turtles are very friendly but I think they eat worms. But if so you can get worms at any bait and tackle shop and you can grow them at home really easy. Good call on the hibernation. What fun is having one if you don't get to see it for half the year? Class after hibernated wrong they wake up dead... : (

Gus.

I hear the box turtles are very friendly but I think they eat worms. But if so you can get worms at any bait and tackle shop and you can grow them at home really easy. Good call on the hibernation. What fun is having one if you don't get to see it for half the year? Class after hibernated wrong they wake up dead... : (

I had pets that needed meal worms in the past, it was a hassle.

Hello and Welcome ! ! !
Hi and Welcome!:)

Thanks!