Hello

Alisha Hawkins

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
Im Alisha, from the UK and completely new to owning a tortoise, i found myself looking at these threads for a long while and finally decided to join :). My tortoise is a Hermanns tortoise but im unsure of anything more specific than that and around 3 years old, i got them last year (around october). Originally named Voldetort but now responds to 'hello' more than anything else and my tort is actually extremely friendly around people (this is great considering that a year ago they were very nervous). Of course during winter in the uk my tortoise cant be outside for very long due to it being so cold but we have a big field he roams in the summer (under supervision at this point because theyre so small!).
Hoping to be able to get some advice from these forums due to being a first time tortoise owner and also to become a little part of this friendly community as much as possible :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Alisha, and welcome to the Forum!

Since you've been 'lurking' for a while, I'm going to assume you've already read Chris' Hermanni care sheets. In case you haven't, though, you can find them pinned at the top of the Hermanns section.