Hello World!

Ash&Tort

Hi,
I've been stalking the forum for awhile now and decided to create an account and officially say hello to everyone! So, hi!! lol. Thank you all for the wonderful advice and care sheets. I recently became the proud mommy to a hatchling sulcata. So, yeah, just popping in to introduce myself and my new little one. I'm sure I'll be seeing you all around the forum!

15dxdes.jpg

icv39u.jpg

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Welcome to you and 'Tort'.
What a beautiful little thing. Quite astoundingly gorgeous.
It'll take quite a while to know its gender, so it might be worth choosing a name that could be male or female.

Bridget

Hi,
I've been stalking the forum for awhile now and decided to create an account and officially say hello to everyone! So, hi!! lol. Thank you all for the wonderful advice and care sheets. I recently became the proud mommy to a hatchling sulcata. So, yeah, just popping in to introduce myself and my new little one. I'm sure I'll be seeing you all around the forum!

15dxdes.jpg

icv39u.jpg
Adorable!

Ash&Tort

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Maybe I should start thinking of gender neutral names lol. 2-3 years is longer than I was expecting!

I've been poking around threads some more and see that most don't feed hay to hatchlings. I've been blending up some timothy hay, mazuri, water and dandelion leaves once or twice a week. It comes out like a paste that I put on top of his fresh grass and greens. He eats it fine. Is there a reason I should stop or do babies just generally not like hay? My thought was it would get him used to the taste and provide more fiber until my yard greens up a bit more. I'd love to know what you all think!

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Hello and welcome! What a cute little one!

To answer the hay question, I cant say for sure, but I remember hearing people don't feed smaller torts hay because bigger pieces of it could scratch their insides. Perhaps someone with current hatchling experience not just research could really pipe in. If that is the case what you're doing seems safe enough with the hay and for good reasons.