Hello

BloodyCouture

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
Hi just wanted to introduce myself. I recently got a 6 wk old Red Foot and have been stalking this forum for lots of information. Thought is was time to join in on the fun. Looking forward to getting to know you all and learn as much as I can from you all.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! I am guessing this is your first tortoise and perhaps even reptile? What was the factor(s) that made you decide a toroise was right for you and why a redfooted?

BloodyCouture

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Jacqui said:
Hi and welcome! I am guessing this is your first tortoise and perhaps even reptile? What was the factor(s) that made you decide a toroise was right for you and why a redfooted?

Totally hit the nail on the head. This is my first reptile. My girlfriend has had lots of different reptiles over the years and really wanted to get a reptile. We did some research and some looking and I suggested we get a tortoise since they live for such a long time. Which in turn become more research and we went with the RF. They seemed to have the most social personalities which appealed to me. We got ours from a local pet store that also breeds RF and I was told that it was part Cherry head as well.

So far our baby seems happy and active. He/She is starting to respond when we speak to it and come out to say hello (and ask for food :p).

abclements

5 Year Member
Very cool! Red foots are awesome! Obviously, I'm a little biased lol Glad you came here! If you would like to know for sure if it's a cherry, you can post some pics of your tort. Usually an overhead view, a face shot and a shot of the plastron should suffice! :)

BloodyCouture

5 Year Member
Central Florida
abclements said:
Very cool! Red foots are awesome! Obviously, I'm a little biased lol Glad you came here! If you would like to know for sure if it's a cherry, you can post some pics of your tort. Usually an overhead view, a face shot and a shot of the plastron should suffice! :)

He/she wasn't too happy about the belly shot...lol. Also the brown scar looking thing on its plastron, is it the left over from the egg sack?

ImageUploadedByTortForum1384543103.681873.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1384543168.317123.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1384543215.706795.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

abclements

5 Year Member
He is very young! From what I can tell, he looks like he has the markings of a cherry. Dark plastron coming in. The other signs that I can't really tell from the pictures are a bulbous type nose and the pronounced enlarged red scale on the inside of each front elbow. But just from an initial inspection, he looks like he's got cherry in him.

The yolk sac scar should heal up here soon.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Welcome to the forum, glad you found us. Your little one has quite the cute face.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!