Hello to all- I have a question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killahertz

5 Year Member
at first - sorry for my English, i think you can understand me.)) I`m from Moscow. In a Моscow, i can buy only several kind of turtles: Testudo horsfieldii (middle-asian), red eared (Trachemys scripta elegans), Trionyx and this is all assortiment!! In 92-95 years, in Moscow`s petshop, was a Graptemys kind turtles. May be anyboby knows, how i can buy these turtles from another country? I have interesting by: Graptemys flavimaculata, Graptemys geographica (or pseudo), and other turtoise from Graptemys. Red-eared turtles is very beautiful, but only when are child)) adult turtles are very big. It is too hard to contain such big turtles in home.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hi,
Your best bet for obtaining Graptemys species would be from Germany. Quite a few of the species are being bred there. I have no idea though the import procedures to get them into Russia.

Danny

Killahertz

5 Year Member
egyptiandan said:
Hi,
Your best bet for obtaining Graptemys species would be from Germany. Quite a few of the species are being bred there. I have no idea though the import procedures to get them into Russia.

Danny
Thanks..I thought to come on a German forum, but a can`t speak Deuch language, and i dont know how to find the forum. What country this forum? can u give me link to the German forum?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
This forum is based in the USA. :)

Here is a website for the Hamm, Germany reptile expo. They hold it 4 times a year. There are plenty of captive born turtles there. They might also be able to give you information about bringing your turtles home with you. http://www.terraristikahamm.de/

Danny

Killahertz

5 Year Member
egyptiandan said:
This forum is based in the USA. :)

Here is a website for the Hamm, Germany reptile expo. They hold it 4 times a year. There are plenty of captive born turtles there. They might also be able to give you information about bringing your turtles home with you. http://www.terraristikahamm.de/

Danny
Thanks. And one more question - му sister live in Miami.As far as I know, one of habitats is Florida. There can be in pet-shops they are on sale? (I asked sister - she does not know). If theese turtles are sale in Miami`s petshop, my sister сan buy them for me and bring in a pocket (or in luggage) =) (Such method I have brought a little turtle from Turkey - Mauremis Caspica)

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
You can find hatchlings for sale at Petshops, but they aren't supposed to be selling them in Petshops here that small.
I don't think that would be quite legal, as all Graptemys species are CITES II or I and can't be exported without permits. :(

Danny

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Killahertz:

We can't advise you to do anything illegal. You're on your own in that respect.

We're very glad to have you on the forum! Can we see some pictures of your turtles?

541503y0eezmw97h.gif

to the forum!

Killahertz

5 Year Member
egyptiandan said:
You can find hatchlings for sale at Petshops, but they aren't supposed to be selling them in Petshops here that small.
I don't think that would be quite legal, as all Graptemys species are CITES II or I and can't be exported without permits. :(

Danny

Clearly...an array of problems..I will search for variants..Thanks/

PS: I haven`t photos of my turtles, but you can see my aquaterr (1 - big, 400 litres and 2 - small, 100 litres). The big is made of plastic - conveniently, cheaply and it is practical (but it is not so aesthetic) =)

This photo i make today, on cellular

At present time i have such turtles: 1 - Trachemys scripta (female,6 years old, 16 sm), 2- Graptemys pseudogeographica (male & Female, 3 years old,10 sm). In the summer I had Mauremys caspica (brougth from Turkey) - he has escaped from me on a summer residence(( Has decided to represent from itself the navvy))

Status
Not open for further replies.