Hello, I'm Ruth

Ruth

We have 7 dogs, a cat, 2 parrots, 2 miniature horses, a 2 1/2 yr old African sulcatta and a 9 yr old desert tortoise that was just given to me. Don't know much about her. My sulcatta's name is Cecil. I'm in SE Texas .

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Ruth welcome to the TFO from AZ. Are you going to let us see your torts and their enclosures ? Have a great tort day !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Salutations.
Big group of animals you have there.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and welcome. Good to have you here.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. I'd love to see your two tortoise enclosures too. And what kind of parrots have you got? I'm a fan of those too.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Ruth, and welcome to the Forum!

I just wanted to make sure that you understand the sulcata and desert tortoise should never be allowed in the same space. They might make each other sick or even dead.

Ruth

1402862164561.jpg 1402862353522.jpg I.will post pics of them all. Just don't have pics on I pad.
Welcome :) We love to see pictures :)
I have a African Grey and yellow based amazon. Beemer and dagny. We are in the process of building a new enclosure for the sulcatta. He is inside except for during the day when we are home.

Ruth

The desert tortoise is going to vet. She wasn't kept on correct diet or in proper enclosure. One bug enough for ger. So I'm giving her the sulfate A's enclosure and he's getting a new one this week. Using an old China hutch and replacing glass with plexiglass .