Hello, I'm new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaceAnnMan

5 Year Member
Hello pleased to meet you . My names Lace, and I'm the proud mommy of a sixteen year old Sulcata male tortoise named Booboo. I would just like to know more about him. And how I could be an even better mommy. Currently. I live in Las Vegas Nevada. I live out in Summerlin wich is located less then 5 minutes drive from Redrock canyon. I do have a large back yard for Booboo. 15 yards wide and about 10 long. It is a desert friendly habitat for Booboo. He had begun his burrow. And is quite well along with it. I've only had him 7 months after I resumed him from a friend who couldn't take care of him. He gets a half bag of kale a day, and he has a 1inch maybe 3/4 of an inch deep basking pool that's sunk into the ground. I'll try to post pictures of him soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 47

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! Looks like a nice little sulcata! :D Is kale all your feeding him? You really need to get him onto a variety of different types of things. Like cactus with spines removed, safe (no chemicals or fertilizer) weeds, hays, mulberry and grape leaves, hibiscus and other safe flowers and their leaves, along with other greens besides kale. Are those small rocks that he is on? Does he ever try eating them?

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Hello and welcome! Nice looking tort :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using TortForum mobile app

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Lace.

Soccerplr1

5 Year Member
Welcome!!! I too live in Summerlin. You have a great looking Sulcata . I have a 6 month old Sulcata. What are you going to do for him for the heat this weekend?

LaceAnnMan

5 Year Member
Oh, no I do feed him a lot of think Once every few weeks aw

Sorry, my keyboard spazzed.. He gets a lot of variety into his diet still. He gets kale, dandelions, grass hay, and skinned cactus on occasion. Along with once every few weeks he gets a couple of strawberries as delicacies. And as far as the heat goes. We have a large patio spot that we often water down for him. The sun never touches it, and it remains at a nice 80 degree for his cool down spot. Recently I have put large smooth flat stones into the ground to make a basking area. But is there anything else I can do for him?

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
Hello and Welcome to TFO!! :) Booboo is adorable :)

Status
Not open for further replies.