Hello! I'm new on the forum. I just rescued a desperate case Sulcata

M

Maggie Cummings

He wasn't given sun or a good UVB. He didn't receive the correct food, he didn't have a humid hide and he didn't get soaked daily, and his keepers didn't know jack. I doubt he was kept warm enough. I don't use supplements, I go outside and pick weeds and blooms. Also, Sulcata do not eat fruit, well, they'll eat it but it's not good for them. They are herbivores eating blooms plants grass weeds, but NO fruit, even in Critical Care. Get a syringe, mix herbivore Critical Care thin and force his head out with your left hand, take the syringe and stick it in his mouth and give a little squirt . Or mix it thicker, use a spoon, force out his head then force open his mouth and spoon a little thick CC into his mouth, over and over. It takes time, consistent work, and patience He needs a good fresh UVB light so he can process the D3 in the calcium. He cannot digest his food unless his insides are 85 degrees or better. So he won't eat. There's so many things to caring for a sick tortoise. You can't slack off on any you need to do for him, and you need to do it several times a day. Please keep asking questions.
Please read the stickies at the beginning of the Sulcata section.

M

Maggie Cummings

OK, I'm done, that takes too much thinking, and it hurts my head, so we'll give it back to Yvonne. Besides, I'd ***** if I was hung with a new rope, so don't pay any attention to my complaints....:D

Paranub

So so sad to hear, i'm sure the last few days have been the most love and care that he has ever been shown.
Heartbreaking.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
I am so sorry to hear Jenga didn't make it.
Very, very sad, but he's not in pain any more.
You did your best.

popeye tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
I'm so sorry to here the little guy has past. You did everything you could to make the last few days better.