Hello! I'm new on the forum. I just rescued a desperate case Sulcata

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I use Critical Care Herbivore mixed with aloe juice to tube feed real sick tortoises.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, AnneRo and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you, Bumble and poor little Jenga.
thanks for taking this task on, hope so much the little guy makes it.
And that the previous owners are punished for their treatment of the poor tort.
It is probably a good idea to keep him away from Bumble for a good few months.
A quarantine period is always a good idea.
The very best of luck to you and Jenga.:)

AnnieRo

Southeast Idaho
Jenga was in his carrot soak this morning, and he was moving more than I've seen him move so far. It's hard to watch, because his shell is so soft that when he moves I can see it give way a little. However, I am encouraged by his increase of energy. I tried to upload a video, but I'm not savvy enough, yet.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Jenga was in his carrot soak this morning, and he was moving more than I've seen him move so far. It's hard to watch, because his shell is so soft that when he moves I can see it give way a little. However, I am encouraged by his increase of energy. I tried to upload a video, but I'm not savvy enough, yet.
Put your video on YouTube first then link it in to this forum.
I'm wishing you all the luck in the world with this fella.

AnnieRo

Southeast Idaho
Thanks for the info on the Critical Care formula. I mix it with fresh wheat grass juice and water??? (Does that sound ok?)
Thanks for the heads up about a quarantine, @Tidgy's Dad, they are in separate enclosures at the moment, but I wasn't going to keep it that way, so I'm glad to hear that before I bunked them together. Thanks again!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
That's a little normal behavior . He is trying to splash himself . This little guy is a fighter .

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
The movement is positive, but if he is *visibly* soft, I really don't know how likely a good outcome is here. I commend you for taking this on, but these cases are often decided long before the final caregiver has arrived. Keep doing what you're doing, but don't take it personally if this doesn't have a happy ending. Good luck.

Elliott1

Hi is this how you write a question/ statement on a topic? Or am I just replying to someone

M

Maggie Cummings

I use Critical Care Herbivore mixed with aloe juice to tube feed real sick tortoises.

You know, you need to go rake. I want to answer some too, but I am so much your student I would say the same thing and you always beat me. That's because I do my chores before I get on the computer.... Crap, you and Tom should remember there are others also that know Sulcata. You 2 answer everything first.
I'm taking my ball and going home....:<3:

M

Maggie Cummings

Hi is this how you write a question/ statement on a topic? Or am I just replying to someone
To reply you must hit the reply button. It appears as you are making your post. So you did correctly

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

You're just replying to someone. To make your own thread, go to the subject you want and click on "Post new thread"

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
You know, you need to go rake. I want to answer some too, but I am so much your student I would say the same thing and you always beat me. That's because I do my chores before I get on the computer.... Crap, you and Tom should remember there are others also that know Sulcata. You 2 answer everything first.
I'm taking my ball and going home....:<3:
Well Maggie. You can answer my question. :D
How as this Tortoise gotton into this state of health? Is it a combination of many bad care practices?

AnnieRo

Southeast Idaho
Omg. Was I imagining that, or was some of the scutes moving individually.
You are not imagining it. He is that soft. It's heartbreaking. He is becoming more active than when I first got him and even moved a little around the enclosure. He was named Jenga because that's an African name for determination. He does seemed determined to fight this, and I appreciate all the help I'm getting in giving him his best chance.