hello! I'm allie!

alliemorrison

Hello, my name is allie; I live in central florida; & just recently got a hatchling sulcata. I'm looking forward to learning more about keeping him happy & healthy!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Others will be here soon to help.
Read up on the correct types of bulbs and don't spend your good money until you do.
Also, give him/her a warm water soak in some water that comes up level to the seam on the sides of his shell. He looks a little dry.

Keith D.

Arizona
Yup she needs a good soak daily and hopefully being housed in a closed chamber.

alliemorrison

That picture was on the way home; she's in a closed chamber, getting daily soaks, temperature gradient, humidity. Got a ceramic heater on her at night. Thank you guys for the quick reply and nice suggestions! :)

alliemorrison

I do have a problem tho guys! We have had her since Saturday and not observed her eating anything. She will crane her neck down and open her mouth like she wants to eat, but then decides not too? Any suggestions? she is being offered dark leafy greens and moistened mazuri. All I could think was maybe try some fruit? Strawberries or something sweet smelling to stimulate her appetite

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Allie, and welcome to the forum!

Try chopping your greens up into tiny pieces, then mush some cucumber and mix it all up so the greens smell like cucumber. Another thing for babies - place the feeding station directly in front of the hiding place, then get out of sight so he can't see you.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco