Hello from the Hospital :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnathanO

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Hi everyone, surgery went well, I was back in my room around 130, not feeling too much pain right now, hopefully not too much later either :)

Thank for the kind words, everyones been great :D

oscar

10 Year Member!
Illinois
Have they told you how long you will have to be in hospital before you can go home?
Hope everything goes well for you. And have a speedy recovery.

steve

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Glad to hear your surgery went well! My prayers will be for a quick recovery.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
here's my wish for you ~ a speedy and uneventful recovery. I'm awaiting the o.k. to have my L knee replaced... the sooner the better. can't walk anymore, and it really is a problem for work. Sports for young people are plus - minus.. the older we get (after playing sports) the more minus things become.

anyway, speedy recovery.

teri

JohnathanO

5 Year Member
Hey, thanks again to everyone for the prayers and wishes.

A little update, I got home on February 3rd, I'm in a bit of pain and discomfort but it's bearable, I can't put weight on my leg for 2 months so Im very thankful I have such a great girlfriend and mother who are feeding and bathing my tortoises daily. My mom even brings them up to see me since she knows how much I'm missing them :)

Anyway, doctor says everything is healing really well, I'm starting physio this week, and he says I can be back playing sports in a year. I'm very excited to be able to get out of bed and walk again.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Well I am glad it went well. I hope you don't mind my asking why you needed a cartlidge transplant. For some reason in the picture in my head of you, you are fairly young. Were you injured? What sports do you play?

JohnathanO

5 Year Member
I don't mind at all, I'm 26, I chipped a bone in my knee and the cartilage went with the bone, I had a minor surgery a year ago to try to fix it and avoid a transplant but it didn't work so I had to be put on a donor list.

I play hockey, soccer and golf, but because of my injury I haven't been able to do anything (even work) for the last year and a half, so I'm happy I finally got it done

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Is that an unusual injury? I have never heard of that. I was just at the othopidic surgon with my 16 year old. He is a basketball player so we spend a lot of time it ortho. Mostly knee and ankle injuries. I know how awful it must be for you to not play sports. That would be very hard for my boys. I am guessing if you can't play sports or work you are probably spending a lot of time on an Xbox 360 or a PS3. Glad you are doing better.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Hi, update us or really me. How is PT going? Is it really labor intensive? Do you have to achieve certain milestones in your recovery by certain times or risk some sort of deficit? I hope this post finds you doing great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.