WHAT TIME IS IT NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I was just wondering, in the wee early morning, how many of you turn your clocks back and how many like me forgot to? I have been up since 4:45 old time, 3:45 fall time, my husband getting ready for work. He left, I checked out what was going on with the Forum, when I got a phone call from him, that we forgot to turn our clocks back and he was sitting at work alone, waiting for the rest of his shift to show up. He works at a hospital so was of course able to get in. So how many more are out there that didn't get their extra hour of sleep? I hope everyone else remembered, but I also hope I am not the only knucklehead!
Also what time zone is the forum in? It says this was posted at 8:10 and my time was 6:10. I didn't realize I guess that any time zone was two hours ahead of central time? Maybe it's just two early for me, that loss of an extra hour :D

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Haha! You definitely aren't the only one! I have a feeling that we're going to be getting quite a few stories from people like us who didn't turn back the clocks! :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
AnthonyC said:
Haha! You definitely aren't the only one! I have a feeling that we're going to be getting quite a few stories from people like us who didn't turn back the clocks! :)

Sorry:( you lost the extra sleep, but glad I am not standing alone on this.:D

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
I'm an early riser so other than the fact that I was at the bakery door @ six when they open @ seven I wasn't really affected... other than the fact that I froze my butt off. :)

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
The forum is set to whatever time zone you set it to when you signed up ;) If you go to your User CP, click on "Edit Options" in the menu on the left hand side, and at the bottom of the page you can change your time zone.

And actually, there are time zones spanning 24 hours. So there are time zones that are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 hours ahead of Central time.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
I am the only one that thinks the whole "Daylight savings" time change thing is antiquated and pointless? Can't we just stay on standard time or split the hour in half each way and then leave it alone?

A bit of trivia: Without searching the internet, does anyone know the real reason that we switch to daylight savings time and back twice a year? I already know because it had to do with my upbringing, but I want to see everyone else's answer.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Kristina said:
The forum is set to whatever time zone you set it to when you signed up ;) If you go to your User CP, click on "Edit Options" in the menu on the left hand side, and at the bottom of the page you can change your time zone.

And actually, there are time zones spanning 24 hours. So there are time zones that are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 hours ahead of Central time.

Thanks, I will check my options and see what if anything I did. About the many different time zones, I was only talking about the USA. I don't normally participate on the Internet, other than shopping and emails, so this Forum stuff is very new and foreign to me, so I tend to forget that it goes around the world. I'm getting old, nearing 50 and my CRS(can't remember sh..) kicks in more often, hahaha.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
wellington said:
Kristina said:

Thanks, I will check my options and see what if anything I did. About the many different time zones, I was only talking about the USA. I don't normally participate on the Internet, other than shopping and emails, so this Forum stuff is very new and foreign to me, so I tend to forget that it goes around the world. I'm getting old, nearing 50 and my CRS(can't remember sh..) kicks in more often, hahaha.
I must have missed that, I went back and fixed it. I thought I not only lost an extra hour sleep, but also two hours of my life. This was going to start out as a bad day, looking better now, thanks.

GBtortoises said:
I am the only one that thinks the whole "Daylight savings" time change thing is antiquated and pointless? Can't we just stay on standard time or split the hour in half each way and then leave it alone?

A bit of trivia: Without searching the internet, does anyone know the real reason that we switch to daylight savings time and back twice a year? I already know because it had to do with my upbringing, but I want to see everyone else's answer.

I think it is stupid also, wish we could do away with it. I also think it had to do with farming, those damn farmers! Not really I have great respect for farmers. One of the backbones of our country, that we are losing to many of at a fast pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.