Hello From Bucks Co. PA

Margaret_A_F

Location (City and/or State)
Bucks County, PA
I have had a Sulcata Tortoise for a year now. Was given to me by someone who found her, actually the dog found her, and brought her home. They had no idea what to do with a "turtle" (at the time they didn't know it was a tortoise) so they brought it to me, as I have had lots of experience with turtles.

I have been using your forum here for the past year, never signing. You have provided me with tons of good info about my tortoise. Thank you.

I will be wandering around looking at all the great info here.

Margaret F

I own a sulcata tortoise and her name is Walter.

The most recent pic in the profile. This is how big he was when I got him:

20170702_123507.jpg 20170702_123507.jpg

Margaret_A_F

Bucks County, PA
LOL Thanks. The person who found him named him Walter, not knowing about the sex. I have only decided of late that the tortoise presents as female, but she answers to her name already. So, Walter she will stay.

And thanks, she is a rather pretty looking tortoise.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My Leonard is also female (well, hoping for female, as she's way too small yet to know for sure!)

Margaret_A_F

Bucks County, PA
I "think" she is about a hear and a half, give or take a few months. I was unable to tell till recently, when the plastron presented as mostly flat. And the tail is small. So, I figure... female.

We have an outdoor habitat for her for the summer, but with all the rain here, the habitat is currently flooded, so she is indoors. I am also finally making headway in transitioning the diet from supermarket spring mix to grass. She is very fond of plantain, which I assume is what she ate when she was running wild. So she has gotten plantain mixed with her spring mix, the only thing we were able to get her to eat up to now. But she has been transitioning for the past couple of months, so she should be on straight grass by winter.