Hello from Arizona!

dmarshall1991

Hello tortoise lovers!! First things first.. My name is Danielle, I am 23 years old and I reside in southern Arizona. Woooohooo heat! (Complete sarcasm!)

Anyways, I LOVE animals. All types. I have owned just about every type of reptile possible. Currently I own a bearded dragon, a ball python, a tarantula, a sun conure, and my two perfect amazing and adorable dogs. Oh and a huge fish tank with dinner plate sized Tiger Oscars in it :p

I decided to join this forum because wait for it...wait.......a little more... Ok drum roll... IM FINALLY ADOPTING A TORTOISE!!! Ahhhh! My dream! I just love their cute little old grumpy grandpa faces and their cute little tortoise butts. I am driving 2 hours to go pick him up this coming Saturday.

He was abandoned at my friends work and she took him home to try and find somebody who can give him the good life and proper care that he needs. And that person just so happens to be me!!

He is a redfoot tortoise, and she tells me his shell is about 8 inches in length. I have no clue on his health condition, I'm assuming he's probably going to need some TLC and a vet visit seeing as his previous owners just abandoned him. They probably did not provide proper care. I feel like if they did they wouldn't have treated him as garbage by leaving the poor guy in a box on the doorstep of a building.but who knows. (Ugh some people make me sick :(

So yea! That's why I joined this awesome forum full of what looks to be so many cool fun nice and knowledgeable people who can help me with my new little guy (or girl) once I pick him up on saturday!

I look forward to speaking to each and every one of you and making lots of new friends!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Congrats on your soon to be life friend. So glad someone that sounds like they really love and care about animals is getting him/her. You have come to the right place for help, laughs, friends and craziness.:D

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Oh wow, some people...I'm so glad this poor guy gets a happy ending with you :)

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Welcome. What part of southern Arizona are you in?

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

dmarshall1991

Thanks everyone!! I'm happy and honored to have him :) I'm just as lucky! Tortdad, I am in Tucson.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Hello and welcome! So nice of you to rescue the RF. :)

May
THBs: Darwin & Merlin
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Thanks everyone!! I'm happy and honored to have him :) I'm just as lucky! Tortdad, I am in Tucson.

Cool. I grew up in Sierra Vista

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Danielle, and welcome to the Forum!!

We have some very good reading material on RF tortoises at the Tortoise Library

The most important first thing for you to do with your new tortoise is give him a nice, warm soak in a tub he can't climb out of. The second most important thing is to take pictures and show him to us!!! ***Yvonne sits at the table and pounds her fork and spoon up and down chanting, "We want pictures!!! We want pictures!!!***

dmarshall1991

Parrotlady I'm glad to be here! Tucsonans gotta represent :p high five!
Thank you Yvonne! I will definitely check out tortoise library today. Thanks for that link :) I plan on soaking him first thing. I know he's being kept outside right now which isn't the greatest seeing and phoenix humidity isn't quite as high as tucson right now. I think it's in the 40s-50s there. It's like 76% here. So I'm expecting to need to rehydrate him and soak him real good for the first week or so every day. And as far as pictures go, oh yea! There will be so many I can't even begin to prepare everyone! Haha. I'll definitely be posting one of him chilling out and enjoying the ride home on Saturday :)

dmarshall1991

Thank you aldabraman! Love your tortoises! I saw the one of the big guy eating a giant I think it was 50 lbs of fruit. So funny and soo beautiful!

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
Welcome from Mesa!

...I wish people would drop off redfoots at my doorstep haha

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Danielle welcome to the TFO from Phx . AZ . Torts rule . Have a great tort day .

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum