Hello from a new user

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Denver, Colorado
Hello, I am new to this site and just thought I would post to say hello.

I actually have been browsing pictures of people's enclosures for a while and decided I should say hello and thank you for all the awesome ideas and information.

I currently own 2 Russian tortoises that I have had for 10-11 years now, one male and one female. They lived together in an indoor enclosure that is 6ft by 4ft and has 8-12 inches of substrate for them to dig in. The cage is mostly bioactive, as in I have worms and beetles living in there cleaning up after the torts. I have tried to grow a lot of different plants in there but the two of them either eat it or trample it.

Recently Master Roshi (my male) and Tamachan (my female) have started breeding, however he is fairly aggressive and has hurt her legs pretty bad with all his nipping so they now have a big dividing wall in the middle of their cage to keep them separate and her safe.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Yeah, this species gets waaaay rough and rather mean when maturing into age of doing it....you may end up making two independent fully functioning enclosures ....

Status
Not open for further replies.