hello fellow testudinidaphiles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_bookish_tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oakland, CA
I live in Oakland, CA and have a 4ish year old Russian named POTUS. Yes, as in President of the United States. My girl and I were watching a lot of West Wing at the time. As a side note, POTUS is a female, but by the time he was old enough to sex, we'd gotten used to using the male pronouns. I figure he isn't too upset by a little gender confusion.

We've had him a little over two years and I can't believe how much he's grown in that time. He's very active and loves walking around the house when I let him roam free. He also enjoys a good head scratch now and again.

I live in an apartment, so my little guy is indoors for the time being, but I hope one day to be able to have some outdoor space for him as well. I try to take him to the park once and a while so he can get some sunshine and exercise.

The picture of him in the santa hat was taken right after I bought him. The other is more recent, taken during and outdoor excursion.

IMG_6139 (800x600).jpg
Em\'s Camera 1582 (800x618).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TORTOISEMAN1

5 Year Member
FL
lol love the little hat. Welcome to the forum!

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Welcome...so you're just used to calling her a him? Because you know, POTUS is not gender specific at all!! :)

the_bookish_tortoise

5 Year Member
Oakland, CA
pdrobber said:
Welcome...so you're just used to calling her a him? Because you know, POTUS is not gender specific at all!! :)

Haha, yeah, Peter. The name of my little presidential darling is not gender specific, but I can't get away from thinking of him as a he (not that I don't fully support a female POTUS or two in the white house, hopefully in my lifetime). I'm generally not great at pronouns - I have a tendency to refer to any friend or relative's newborn as "it." The parents of the kid usually seem a little perturbed, but as the gender expression of the tortoise is quite limited, I don't think he'll mind. ;)

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Welcome to TFO! Always happy to have another Russian lover around here. And especially one close to me. I am near Sacramento with my herd of Russians. They are great torts.

Status
Not open for further replies.