Hello everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

killuchen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Port Richey, Florida
Hello everyone! I recently saw pictures of my friend's Cherry Head Red Foot and fell in love.

perf.jpg

I have decided to buy one from reptmart.com, which is a pretty close store in my area. I was also wondering what are the things I should look for when picking a tortoise.

Here is a picture of some of them. I would appreciate all the help I can get :)

turtle.jpg

I'm liking the one in the first row middle turtle and the one behind it.

missmoofi

5 Year Member
Murcia, Spain
hello and welcome, Im a newbie too, you'll get some great advice here, keep us posted ;)

M

maggilace

hya newbie here as well i from wales in uk,and have 2 russian tortoises and looking to get 2 more soon,will male russians fight if i mix them ?

Attachments

• SAM_0572.JPG
    SAM_0572.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 12

killuchen

5 Year Member
New Port Richey, Florida
Do we have any Cherryhead breeders that live in Florida? I would love to drive up to this store and pick one up but it's like a 5 hours drive haha. I want to get one similar to my friend's. I love the dark colors on it.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
hello, and welcome.. i would post a new question in the redfoot section with the pictures, to get a better response.
When choosing a new tortoise, its good to know the place and if its reputaion is good. If you can spend time watching them and see them eat, that would be good too.. choose one that is active and eating well.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Killuchen:

Welcome to the forum!!

May we know your name?

Are you in Florida?

maggilace said:
hya newbie here as well i from wales in uk,and have 2 russian tortoises and looking to get 2 more soon,will male russians fight if i mix them ?

Hi Maggilace:

Its a good idea for your first post, to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself. This thread is Killuchen's introductory post. You will get more personal responses in your own thread. :D

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Welcome to the forum!

I personally like the darker Redfoots as well. I have one that is almost completely black, with very little red on it, only a couple of scales.

killuchen

5 Year Member
New Port Richey, Florida
Kristina said:
Welcome to the forum!

I personally like the darker Redfoots as well. I have one that is almost completely black, with very little red on it, only a couple of scales.

Yea I'm really trying to find a really dark one with a darker red.

Status
Not open for further replies.