Hello everyone!

burkefamily

Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, Arizona
My name is Cecilia and my husband and I have an African Sulcatta, named Franklin, that we found in the wash by our house. After putting up posters for someone to claim him and no replies, we decided to keep him. He could fit in the palm of my hand, when we found him and now he weighs about 65 lbs. We have always had dogs and Franklin acts just like them! Its been a fun learning process and its been great to find out there are lots of Sulcattas and Desert Tortoises in our area, so we have connected with other owners to share info. We love having Franklin and he is definitely social!

IMG_0502.JPG IMG_1257.jpg IMG_1320.JPG IMG_1599.JPG

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
My name is Cecilia and my husband and I have an African Sulcatta, named Franklin, that we found in the wash by our house. After putting up posters for someone to claim him and no replies, we decided to keep him. He could fit in the palm of my hand, when we found him and now he weighs about 65 lbs. We have always had dogs and Franklin acts just like them! Its been a fun learning process and its been great to find out there are lots of Sulcattas and Desert Tortoises in our area, so we have connected with other owners to share info. We love having Franklin and he is definitely social!

View attachment 260612 View attachment 260613 View attachment 260614 View attachment 260615

That looks like Lantana there. Nice looking colors!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

View attachment 260612 View attachment 260613 View attachment 260614 View attachment 260615
How old is Franklin? I have a 1 1/2 yr old sulcata (Opo) and was wondering when to expect 65 lbs.