Hello everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fritzpm

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fox Point, WI
I wanted to introduce myself-- I have a 1.5 yr old sulcata named Penelope. I came across this forum as I was searching for others that may own sulcatas and live in Wisconsin. My husband is being relocated and although Penelope is still young and small, I'm a little stressed thinking about the possibility of us remaining in Wisconsin and what kind of life she will have. I read some encouraging posts and I think it's doable, it's just going to take money (I think) to give her the best life that I can if we do indeed stay up there for several years. This forum seems to have a positive feel to it, so I hope as I ask questions there will be people there to try to help the best they can w/o telling me that I'm incredibly selfish for not finding her a home now, before we move. (I've already needed to find my 2 horses, 2 cats, finches, rabbit and hamster a home- which my 5 yr old son, nor I, am happy about.... but at least my husband has a job so I am very thankful for that!) Ok, I've talked (written) enough so I'll let you all get back to business!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Fritzpm:

28302hrty0pl6gf.gif

to the forum!!

I'm so sorry that you had to find new homes for all your animals.

We have other folks on the forum who live in Wisconsin, but I don't remember if there are any sulcata-keepers among them.

Glad to have you here with us. Let us know if we can be of any help to you.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Welcome! I'm a Wisconsinite as well. Wherabouts are you in? I'm in Wausau (central WI--literally almost smack dab in the middle of the state)

We love pictures! And my apologies about your other animals. That's gotta be hard.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Welcome to the forum :)
I am sorry to hear about your other animals :( I am sure it was very hard for you to find them a new home.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Welcome to the forum!

I don't mean to be insensitive, but there is a bright side here in that Penelope will now get all of the pet attention in your house! What with a Sulcata in your basement (?) for the winter, that may be a good thing!;)

We'd love to see photos of Pennie when you get a chance. Are you still surrounded by boxes in your new home?:p

M

Maggie Cummings

Hi and welcome to the forum... There are many of us in the frozen North trying to keep Sulcata, so if you need help or have any questions please feel free to ask...but now you have to send pictures of Penny and how she is set up...

DoversMama

5 Year Member
Nice to meet you! We live in Wisconsin, too...but have a Russian(Dover). We just got him in October, and are completely smitten. It is dissapointing that our climate means less outdoor time for our tortoises. Good luck!

J

jerysbond

Hi everyone,
This is Jery from USA. I just take this chance to introduce my self and I hope you will welcome me here.It's my pleasure to join with you in this community and I hope I will learn something new from you here.
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.