Heavy breathing?

peridot

Location (City and/or State)
NC
I’ve noticed that my two year old radiated has been breathing heavy these past 2 weeks. He has been eating normally and has no discharge from the eyes and mouth.

I wasn’t sure if they just breathed like this when they’re looking for food or a little stressed... because I don’t remember him always doing this.

When should you worry about heavy breathing?

He’s housed in a closed chamber and hasn’t been outside any this year. Also, I probably would have taken him to the vet by now, but ours is currently only accepting emergencies only.

haydog_99

Rocklin, CA
I just had the same issue with my leopard. No mucus coming from the nose, eyes were clear but you could see his throat moving more than normal and if yu held him close to your ear you would hear a faint click noise. I took him to the vet and sure enough he had a minor respiratory infection. He’s now on antibiotic, even after the first injection there was a noticeable difference.

peridot

NC
I just had the same issue with my leopard. No mucus coming from the nose, eyes were clear but you could see his throat moving more than normal and if yu held him close to your ear you would hear a faint click noise. I took him to the vet and sure enough he had a minor respiratory infection. He’s now on antibiotic, even after the first injection there was a noticeable difference.

Did yours have any other symptoms?

haydog_99

Rocklin, CA
Just the heavier breathing and the clicking noise. He was eating fine and very active, I caught it early. I wasn’t sure if his throat moving a lot as he was breathing was an issue but he vet said it was labored breathing. He wasn’t breathing with his mouth open and that’s what I was looking for.