Heating pad

Kurstonm

Location (City and/or State)
TEXAS
So I just built my 5 month old tortoise a new tortoise table and it’s made out of wood so I was wondering since it’s an open top and not getting to warm if I should get a heating pad and what kind and if it would be safe to put it on the wood. Please Help!

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Heat Pads and rocks not recommended and enclosed enclosure is better for hatchlings to ensure humid environment for good even shell growth avoiding pyramids. Regular warm water soaks also help hydration and waste. Heat lamp with thermostat is good. If you read the care sheets that will help but also read past posts regarding enclosures as many ideas have been shared.

Kurstonm

TEXAS
Heat Pads and rocks not recommended and enclosed enclosure is better for hatchlings to ensure humid environment for good even shell growth avoiding pyramids. Regular warm water soaks also help hydration and waste. Heat lamp with thermostat is good. If you read the care sheets that will help but also read past posts regarding enclosures as many ideas have been shared.
Hi so it’s not the soaking or keeping her humid I have that but she needs more heat with her open enclosure she won’t move in this new enclosure and I just built it last night.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi so it’s not the soaking or keeping her humid I have that but she needs more heat with her open enclosure she won’t move in this new enclosure and I just built it last night.
Heat pads should never be used with tortoises.

What species are you housing?

If you need more heat, a CHE or RHP set on a thermostat is the way to go.