Heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbrookee

5 Year Member
We are having a very bad storm right now! The power's been out for almost a hour now. Is my baby Leo going to be okay without heat? We don't think the power will be back on until tomorrow.. She's only 7 weeks old.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How cold is it in your house? If its a little chilly and you think it's too cold, maybe cover it (enclosure) with a blanket. Otherwise, if its not that cold, s/he should be fine. You could also give a warm soak, but be sure to keep him warm after you take him out of the water. You could also fill a jug with warm or hot water and place it inside the enclosure. Just be sure if its hot, the tort can't tough it. And, incase you have t read them yet, be sure to read Toms threads below in my post on raising smooth, healthy leopards. The sulcata thread will apply also.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Depending on how cold it gets - you can keep your baby against your own skin to keep it warm. I knew a woman who did this is the dead of winter when a storm knocked out her heat. She kept her little hatchling kind of tucked under her arm and he stayed warm all night. Good luck!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Where do you live? It's the middle of July, and with no power you can't run the air conditioning. In which case getting too chilly is not the concern I'd think.

Status
Not open for further replies.