heat lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildponey21

5 Year Member
I use a 150watt infer red heat lamp for my two red foots. the bulb is made by exo-terra it is a heat glo. I bought one in october and it lasted untill 2-28-2011. I bought the same bulb and as of last light it blow. is that normal for them to go that fast or is it there a better brand? the heat lamp is on all the time do it not being warm in rochester ny.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
You will get better service from a CHE (Ceramic Heat Emitter). They are initially more expensive but last far longer and do not waste as much energy producing visible light. In the long run, they are much more cost effective. The downside is they don't produce light so you can't tell by looking at it if it is working.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
I find that heat lamps tend to not last too long. However, 'sun bulbs' or other heat lamps from places like Home Depot are basically the same bulb, cheaper, and they have a decent replacement policy if one blows early.

wildponey21

5 Year Member
ok i will try the heat lamp of home depot. my hope is that it will warm up here so i can take them out side

M

Maggie Cummings

Also, you can do like I do in all my habitats and use a black light bulb. They're cheaper and hotter then a CHE but of course, they don't last as long as a CHE

Status
Not open for further replies.