Heartbroken

Status
Not open for further replies.

baseballturtle48

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
This brings back painful memories of similar times. What a terrible shock for you. It hurts so bad when it happens, even worse right in front of you. You were there for him for 3 good years, and you gave him a chance at a decent life for those years.

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
Maggie as I said on the PM. Hugs for you. I like to beleive that Beakless and Jefferson are hanging out together with lots of sunshine and good stuff to eat. It is hard to lose a friend you have taken care of when someone else didn't but remember there are other babies and kids out there that still need someone who cares as much as you do.

Dawna

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
O noo Maggie, I am so sad to hear this :( It must have been terrible to see him died :(, in a way he was lucky, because he got 3 whole years with you to take care of him :)[/align]

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Maggie ~ of all the peeps who could've cared for your babe & given him a real life full of love and joy, God picked you! Only you could've given him the TLC he needed. Know that you are one of Gods' angels!! Perhaps, God needed to pick your babe for another {As others have said here}, and altho the loss is seriously painful {'specially when you are holding them as they pass, poor thing!!} you can rejoice that he is loving life and bringing joy to those in a place that we can only imagine!

Sending many blessings and condolences, my dear!!
{{{{{Maggie & Crew}}}}}
Sincerely, your Purpod Pal

BigBiscuit

5 Year Member
Iowa, U.S.
purpod said:
Maggie ~ of all the peeps who could've cared for your babe & given him a real life full of love and joy, God picked you! Only you could've given him the TLC he needed. Know that you are one of Gods' angels!! Perhaps, God needed to pick your babe for another {As others have said here}, and altho the loss is seriously painful {'specially when you are holding them as they pass, poor thing!!} you can rejoice that he is loving life and bringing joy to those in a place that we can only imagine!

{{{{{Maggie & Crew}}}}}

Perhaps my daughter in heaven needed a tortoise to play with :)

M

Maggie Cummings

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. I am just still so upset about this I almost can't talk about it. Normally when tortoise gets sick you have some time to prepare yourself for their deaths...But Beakless wasn't sick he was eating and acting perfectly normal. Then to hold him and have him die in my hand was just beyond words. I actually watched him take his last breath. It was awful.
Tomorrow he goes to the Vet for a necropsy. That can't tell a lot but maybe it can tell if he choked on something...I really need to know.

M

Maggie Cummings

Beakless is at the Vets now getting a necropsy. I will be getting him back on Wednesday. I have dug him a nice grave under the Hollyhock and I bought a metal star and hung it on my deck because he was my shining star. I know it's silly I suppose but he was special to me and now that I'm an old lady and don't have to be a tough broad anymore I can do stuff like that...I'll let you know what the Vet says...

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
I am so sorry to hear about your little beakless. Find some peace in the fact that he had the best home possible, He knew love and he knew you..

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Nothing at all silly about the star, Magg; makes perfect sense to this purpod peep!

And yes, BigB, I'm sure your sweeet angel is playing with Maggies sweeet shining star ~

It has been a great way for me to deal with loss; knowing that there is so much more to us than just our lives here on Earth! Think of the wonderfulness that awaits those we love who leave this Earth, and surely one cannot help but smile for the loved one, even tho our loss here may be so great.

Hopefully, the vet will be able to give ya some kind of closure, Maggie ~ also, knowing that he was held by you as he was dying surely had to make his passing so much more acceptable (from Beakless' perspective); imagine if you had not been there!! Thank God you were there to comfort him when he perhaps needed you most.

Again, my sincere prayers to ya,
Purpod

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Purpod....you always manage to say what I think. I wish I had your gift for words. Keep us posted Maggie.

ArkansasKelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NW Arkansas
I am so sorry to hear about your loss Maggie. Losing a loved pet is never easy. My thoughts are with you.

ARKelly

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Maggs I really like the Star idea - it's a wonderful way for you to still "see" Beakless everyday, and can even talk to him :)
We are waiting with bated breath to hear from you about the vet visit. HUGE HUGS!!!!

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
BigBiscuit said:
purpod said:

{{{{{Maggie & Crew}}}}}

Perhaps my daughter in heaven needed a tortoise to play with :)

Ok this post made me cry. It was the nicest, saddest thing I have read but made me feel so much better about losing a loved friend.

Thank you,

Dawna

I now know Jefferson is R.I.P.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Evan, I didn't know that you had lost a daughter. My heart goes out to you. Candy

BigBiscuit

5 Year Member
Iowa, U.S.
Candy said:
Evan, I didn't know that you had lost a daughter. My heart goes out to you. Candy

Thank you. Our 5 month old Emme is healthy. However, my wife and I lost our daughter Annika about two years ago. My wife went into premature labor at 7 months, due to a rare chromosomal abnormality that our daughter had, and she was stillborn. So, any time a family or pet's friend dies, we say Annika is playing with the pet in heaven.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Aw Evan I'm sorry to hear that. My mom gave birth to a stillborn a couple years after me....hence why I'm an only child, she didn't wanna go through it again!

Any news Maggs?? Have been thinking of you loads!

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
You know, I have always felt that when God takes a baby from us {regardless of the age of the babe}, it's because they were too pure to be born {or to stay} in this world ~ For me, there is no other way to make sense of such tragic losses.

Dawna, I'm very pleased that you were able to gain some strength thru the words you've read here ~ {hopefully not offending others... Praise God!}

Let us know how things are going for ya, Magg's!
{And thank you Terry ~ you are much too kind}

Blessings to All!!
{{{Huggs}}}
Purpod

Status
Not open for further replies.