Healthy Looking Tortoise..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortilla1989

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago
Does my Tortoise Tortilla look healthy?
She is eating fine and has no problems with digestion, her eyes looks bright. I just want to make sure I am not missing something.
How can you tell if you are overfeeding?

Is that a concerning problem? I keep getting different answers in research. I give her plenty of food and she eats what she likes then thats it for the day. She never finishes all of her food but eats a lot.

I just don't want her growing to fast for her shell, and I never give her the commercial food she had at the pet store, all fresh produce, this is okay I hope.

Any help is much appreciated!
I can be a worry wart so I will have LOTS of questions!!! ; )

_TorTILLA_!

Attachments

• IMG_5868.JPG
    IMG_5868.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5865.JPG
    IMG_5865.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5616.JPG
    IMG_5616.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 34

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Tortilla looks finetasic to me. Keep up the good work.

The only thing I would suggest is changing the substrate if hay is all that you're using. When wet, hay molds fast and that is very bad for your tortilla.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Tortilla1989 said:
She is eating fine and has no problems with digestion, her eyes looks bright. I just want to make sure I am not missing something.

Is that a concerning problem? I keep getting different answers in research. I give her plenty of food and she eats what she likes then thats it for the day. She never finishes all of her food but eats a lot.

I just don't want her growing to fast for her shell, and I never give her the commercial food she had at the pet store, all fresh produce, this is okay I hope.

_TorTILLA_!

I really like that name Tortilla, I might have to use that one

Tortilla1989

5 Year Member
Chicago
bigred said:
Tortilla1989 said:

_TorTILLA_!

I really like that name Tortilla, I might have to use that one

Thanks! It just fit perfect for her, I actually pronounce it Tor-TILL-A, not tortilla like the taco.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Tortilla looks great. Do some diet research though. Store bought foods are not the best. Broadleaf weeds are best. Look for plantain, clover, dandelions, sow thistle, mallow, etc... Leaves are also good. Try grape leaves, mulberry, hibiscus, and an occasional spineless opuntia cactus pad. Look in the plant ID section here on the forum, or post pics of the weeds you have near you, or take samples to a local nursery for ID help. The endive you are offering is at the top of the list for store bought foods, but the spinach, broccoli and carrot should only rarely be offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.