head butting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morty

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi,

Does anyone know what it means when Sulcata's charge or head butt?

Just curious!

Thanks

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
Well I am currently being faced with the same problem. When I got my sulcatas I was hoping to have 2 females and 1 male and I ended up with the opposite. Do you have more than 1? Are they male or female? Usually, the charging, etc is directed from my larger male to my smaller male but sometimes, when I go to put something in their enclosure like food or clean poo, he will charge towards my hand. I will have to sell one of my males because it will only get worse. He wants to be in charge. Good Luck!

T

Tortoise Mommy

I am having the same problem as well, what I have learned so far, even male and females ram each other, it is all part of the mating game. My Male will ram me also, I was watering the yard not paying attention he came up behind me ramed my leg so hard I just about fell. He did not want me in his yard, he was trying to tell me that was his girl, (she isnt of breeding age) he is 50lbs. We all have alot to learn about these guys. Something new all the time.

Morty

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
We only have one - Morty - he is only 5 years old so pretty small still. Mostly he just headbutts us some if we're in his yard doing something but he started at pushing against the wall which is what made me curious!

krissy2288

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
california
if its against the walls of his cage its cuz he wants out but if your in the yard with him and he does it to you or your shoe it meens he is trying to show dominance. :)

aka2tal

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have a 6 Year Old male and a 8 year old female. She is always ramming him or he is on top of her try to have his way with her.

We occasionally take them out of the backyard and put them in the side yard of our corner house sometimes when we are out, and really awkward when he is on top of her and you have to apologize to walkers coming by for the actions of your tortoises.

Status
Not open for further replies.