he isnt as courious as he was

Status
Not open for further replies.

sara

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wyoming
well, I dont think bert is sick. his eyes are clear as is his nose. he eats and does his buisness. but, lately when we go out, he just sits there. he doesnt go roaming like he was. and when i put him into his new pen, same thing he just wont move.
his legs are fine, he struggles when i pick him up. so all looks fine. granted he isnt as active as a dog, but he seems to have become less active thte last few days. i keep his day time temps between 75- and 80. night time temps no lower than 70. i soaked him thismorning and he liked that. ate then sat under the basking lamp. I turn it off when i come home for lunch. the night lamp doesnt come on till i go to bed.
so, is he bored? he doesnt look sick. i am puzzled by this. I know R.F. dont hybernate, but will they become less active durring fall and winter months?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
turned off his heat? Is it hot outside or the house?
could be a temperature thing or he is just comfortable in his 'house' now ??
or something is brewing...
Wild animals, cant show they are sick or not feeling well or they will be killed or eaten. They hide the fact until they are so sick they cant hide it anymore...

sara

5 Year Member
Wyoming
Laura said:
turned off his heat? Is it hot outside or the house?
could be a temperature thing or he is just comfortable in his 'house' now ??
or something is brewing...
Wild animals, cant show they are sick or not feeling well or they will be killed or eaten. They hide the fact until they are so sick they cant hide it anymore...
well, as i got to thinking about it, it has been very warm last few days. he is alert , so i guess i'll just have to see what happens. and he has an appitite, and has done his buisness. maybe he misses having a friend. do they get depressed?
i dont think i could handle another one yet. I gotta know what i am doing with one before i have 2! he also feels pretty strong when i pick him up and he moves his legs. i would just be so upset if he were to get sick! I have looked for a reptile vet, but cant find one in my area. and i keep hearring horror stories about usuing a regular vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.