hatchling

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Even when kept under ideal conditions hatchlings can still suffer from 50 percent mortality rates, It did not sound like anything you did was wrong so try and not feel to bad, I know it is hard. Sorry to hear about your loss.

cordell

5 Year Member
Thank You Everyone. He had eating issues for some time. He would go through stages, eat and no eat. It was hard to till when he was going to switch from stage to stage. Its like he would start to eat and I would be thinking he was over whatever it was and next thing you know he wasnt eating again. I new it was bad when he would turn down wax worms. He ate from my hand twice, it happened both times after not eating for a few days. It was like a switch he had. IDK I do know I got the last one the breeder had, I had bad feelings about that before he even arrived. I will try again, I would like to find a juvenile though. Maybe a Ornate, not sure yet. For the winter I am going to focus on Myrtle, our older 3 toed.

Thanks Again,
Cordell

Rhyno47

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hagerstown, MD
Mine just started to do that too. Mine is the same age as yours. I suppose that they are losing their hatchling fear. They are growing and becoming more confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.