Hatchling has stopped exploring a bit....should i be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Miami, Fl
Hes about 5 months. he still eats alot - spring mix, zoomed grassland tortoise food, hibiscus.. - but he doesnt walk as much as i remember. ive noticed the decline a bit after i put up pictures around his enclosure since i heard it can stress them out. do you think i should take them off, maybe the pictures make him feel trapped?

also, does the diet i have for him have enough calcium? i hope its not something more serious :/ zoomed food has 9% calcium. is that enough in itself? i sometimes add reptical with d3 in his food.

he is well hydrated. all of his urine is liquid, which i read means he is well hydrated.

hlester22

5 Year Member
Kentucky
I'm assuming you have him in a glass enclosure and that's why you put the pictures up? You probably saw more activity before you put up the pictures because he could see out and was wanting to explore the big world out there. Get him outside for some sun as often as you can. You should see his activity pick up then. My sulcata is lazy when hes inside, but outside, he actually runs around his enclosure.

Mordy

5 Year Member
Miami, Fl
hlester22 said:
I'm assuming you have him in a glass enclosure and that's why you put the pictures up? You probably saw more activity before you put up the pictures because he could see out and was wanting to explore the big world out there. Get him outside for some sun as often as you can. You should see his activity pick up then. My sulcata is lazy when hes inside, but outside, he actually runs around his enclosure.

yep, its a plastic enclosure. im going to see how he takes to it for a week. if it doesnt go up, ill take the pics down. :)

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Are those the only things you are feeding?
You want as much variety as possible, you can buy something new every time you get produce for him, grasses, mazuri,
kale, cactus, rose pedals, mulberry leaves, mix it up!

Mordy

5 Year Member
Miami, Fl
Jacob said:
You want as much variety as possible, you can buy something new every time you get produce for him, grasses, mazuri,

ive had mazuri but he likes the zoomen grassland tor food. where can i get mulberry leaves? i used to give him romaine lettuce but ive read its not really good? what can i feed him that i can buy at home depot?

Mordy said:
Jacob said:

ive had mazuri but he likes the zoomen grassland tor food. where can i get mulberry leaves? i used to give him romaine lettuce but ive read its not really good? what can i feed him that i can buy at home depot?

btw, he hates grass. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.