HAS ANYONE USED THIS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdocjunior

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South, Texas
HAS ANYONE USED THIS ONE ? IS IT THE SAME AS A CUTTLE BONE?

Attachments

• tortoise-block.jpg
    tortoise-block.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 62

Thalatte

5 Year Member
So that's what that was.. I received one with the last tort I took in and I assumed it was a cuttle bone thing. Glad to know I was right. I don't like it as it is really hard and bane didn't seem to care for it too much. But his mouth is small so he probably couldn't bite it.

Maybe I will put it in with my turtles and see if it will keep the beak trimmed.

mytortET

5 Year Member
I haven't used it although I did see it in the pet store. I just get the cuttlebone since it's much cheaper. The pet store I go to sells a bag of cuttlebones (approx. 7-8 pcs) for $5!

I soak the cuttlebone in water to make it easier to peel off the hard backing before offering it to ET. He LOVES his cuttlebone! :p:D

S

Svetlana'smom

I have one for Svetlana and even went to the extent of cutting it in half to see if that would spark any interest but its been 3 weeks and she could care less

murdocjunior

10 Year Member!
South, Texas
I HEARD IT SMELLS LIKE CACTUS AND THEY STRAUGHT TO IT BUT MY SULLIES DONT EVEN GO FOR CUTTLEBONE SO I DONT KNO IF I SHOULD TRY IT

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Doesn't smell like cactus to me... I tried cutting a small piece off and soaking it in water to see if it would make it softer but no such luck.
For the cuttlebone are you supposed to take the hard layer off?

argus333

5 Year Member
my sulcata eats the bird version after i break off the hard side my leopards never touch it...

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
I got a.few of these for my torts enclosures. They ignore them.

I noticed that they are much harder than the cuddlebones. Hatchlings may not be able to bite chunks off.

Status
Not open for further replies.