haha my silly husband

Status
Not open for further replies.

moswen

5 Year Member
oh, my silly husband... he acts like he doesn't care about my torts (i think he has to be a tough guy) and he'd flip his top if he found out how much they cost, but i just recieved a call from him that went something like this (in a very hurried voice):

him: "we just found a turtle out here in front of our office, it just charged jen and she ran inside screaming. now it's under a car and i'm trying to get it out so that no one runs over it. please don't keep it if i bring it home."

me: "okay, is it a box turtle?"

him: "AH! (movements and grunts) i don't know it's really flat, like, vertically. it's not big like tula and it just tried to bite me. now it's hissing at me. OH WOW it's got HUGE fingernails! (suddenly i hear more grunts and scrapes and movements) HOLY COW it just came out from under the car and tried to attack me!"

me: "it sounds like a snapping turtle. does it have a long tail? you should probably leave it alone, maybe get a stick and coax it back out of your fence. don't try to pick it up-"

him: "MO! SHE SAID DON'T PICK IT UP DUDE, DON'T PICK IT UP IT'S AN ALLIGATOR SNAPPING TURTLE!!"

(and the conversation went & etcetera from there)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! i love my husband, i'm still laughing about this phone call. hope you guys got a laugh too! (oh ya my husband still thinks tula's a three toed box turtle that i "found" one day!!)

oh, and i should also add, my husband's office is out in the middle of nowhere down a dirty two lane road, i'm sure there's a pond around there somewhere. it's not like i advised him to shoo the turtle back into it's certain death right next to a shopping mall or something!

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
MICHIGAN
I am not only laughing...but smiling as well...that is too cute! Love it and made my day :)

oh, my silly husband... he acts like he doesn't care about my torts (i think he has to be a tough guy) and he'd flip his top if he found out how much they cost, but i just recieved a call from him that went something like this (in a very hurried voice):

him: "we just found a turtle out here in front of our office, it just charged jen and she ran inside screaming. now it's under a car and i'm trying to get it out so that no one runs over it. please don't keep it if i bring it home."

me: "okay, is it a box turtle?"

him: "AH! (movements and grunts) i don't know it's really flat, like, vertically. it's not big like tula and it just tried to bite me. now it's hissing at me. OH WOW it's got HUGE fingernails! (suddenly i hear more grunts and scrapes and movements) HOLY COW it just came out from under the car and tried to attack me!"

me: "it sounds like a snapping turtle. does it have a long tail? you should probably leave it alone, maybe get a stick and coax it back out of your fence. don't try to pick it up-"

him: "MO! SHE SAID DON'T PICK IT UP DUDE, DON'T PICK IT UP IT'S AN ALLIGATOR SNAPPING TURTLE!!"

(and the conversation went & etcetera from there)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! i love my husband, i'm still laughing about this phone call. hope you guys got a laugh too! (oh ya my husband still thinks tula's a three toed box turtle that i "found" one day!!)

oh, and i should also add, my husband's office is out in the middle of nowhere down a dirty two lane road, i'm sure there's a pond around there somewhere. it's not like i advised him to shoo the turtle back into it's certain death right next to a shopping mall or something!
[/quote]

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Wait. I wanna know what kind of turtle it was. Where's the cell phone pics?

moswen

5 Year Member
tom:

i just want you to know the effort that it took to get these pictures from my cell phone to this website was truly not worth the quality of the photos! but here they are:

Unnamed2.jpg

Unnamed1.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Your joking right? That is what they were all afraid of? That itty bitty thing? and not a snapper. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
red eared slider! The biggest, baddest, mostest scariest turtle of them all!! Tell your husband and his co-workers they are TRULY lucky to have escaped alive!!! :p

moswen

5 Year Member
haha! yvonne, i will certainly be sure to kiss him good and tell him how much i love him, with this near-death experience so close to ending our lives together.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Heehee, that sure is a scary turtle!

He sounds like my husband, if I tell him I even saw a critter he says "No, you cannot have it!"
But, he has been known to bring the occasional, animal in need, home himself ;D

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
hahahahaha the picture makes the story even better....that is hilarious :)

I saw a snapping turtle on my cousins' driveway once in the middle of a rain storm- this thing was HUGE! Definitely scary.

M

Maggie Cummings

OMG! I agree with Chikat, the picture made the story. Your husband is too much....hissing at him.... hahahahaha...I love it!!!

S

Scooter

Your husband and his co-workers are truly luck to have escaped unharmed lol :)

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Hilarious!! I can hear the turtle now......."Dudes you will never guess what happened to me today....I was sitting in the shade minding my own business, when these 2 humans came from nowhere, I gave them a little hiss and scared the cr*p out of them and they went running home, yah.....I'm bad...I know it.....whatcha gonna do about it......."

moswen

5 Year Member
lol thanks everyone! "the evil alligator red eared slider of death"!! that's funny! i got the pictures after the phone call as well, this is pretty much the funniest thing that's happened since he found out that pickles are really pickled cucumbers (what a city boy!)!

shmily1605

5 Year Member
Sardis, MS
Ok at 1st I was reading it thinking it must be a AST. They have a right to be scared because the biggest one I found snapped a wooden broom stick in half with one bite. BUt then I saw the pic and that is just tooooooo funny! And they say men are more tough. pssshhhhh Thanks for the funny story :p

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Too funny. I was expecting a 3' diameter fire-breathing, eye-laser-shooting Gamera turtle. Thanks for the laugh. It came at a good time.

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
Thank you so much for the laugh!!! my nose is running and my eyes are watering!!!! Your Husband sounds like mine and just just about died over the pickle comment-- my hus did not know they were cucumbers too!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.