GUYS!! GUYS!! I found out a special method with turtle bones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angrycowgoesmoo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alexandria, VA
Okay so I was worried my baby tort did have enough protein and stuff so I gave him a turtle bone. He didn't chew it at all! so I waited for like a week and I was thinking...what if I scrap the stuff off the cuttlebone then pour it and mix it with his greens. (very small pieces I just use a knife and scrap it or tap it) So then the day after I did that I just left it in seeing if he would eat it. Then around 3 o clock I heard some thing like glass hitting glass and I had a small bowl for the cuttlebone. I was too scared to check cause I thought it wasn't him since he is very shy. THEN! the next morning I saw his cuttlebone on the floor next to the bowl! It had like marks that were lines like his beak. Then I heard it again 10 mins ago and I went to look and there I saw it! With my own eyes!! He was finally chewing on it!! I was like OH MAH GAWD YAYAYAYAYAAA!! Now he's been chewing on it after he eats his food :) I was so shocked too. He was also doing some mini parkour cause he looked really energetic. Surprisingly it was just after the earthquake that he's been energetic. I also looked down into a cage and he saw me so he walked up as closed as he can to me looking up! So I scratched his shell and he didn't mind it at all! He just sat there and didn't even put his head back in! I was then like OH MAH GAWD YAYAYAYAAYAYAY!!! Maybe that earthquake made him enjoy himself more :) If you did read all of that then thanks!

HarleyK

5 Year Member
Angrycowgoesmoo said:
Okay so I was worried my baby tort did have enough protein and stuff so I gave him a turtle bone. He didn't chew it at all! so I waited for like a week and I was thinking...what if I scrap the stuff off the cuttlebone then pour it and mix it with his greens. (very small pieces I just use a knife and scrap it or tap it) So then the day after I did that I just left it in seeing if he would eat it. Then around 3 o clock I heard some thing like glass hitting glass and I had a small bowl for the cuttlebone. I was too scared to check cause I thought it wasn't him since he is very shy. THEN! the next morning I saw his cuttlebone on the floor next to the bowl! It had like marks that were lines like his beak. Then I heard it again 10 mins ago and I went to look and there I saw it! With my own eyes!! He was finally chewing on it!! I was like OH MAH GAWD YAYAYAYAYAAA!! Now he's been chewing on it after he eats his food :) I was so shocked too. He was also doing some mini parkour cause he looked really energetic. Surprisingly it was just after the earthquake that he's been energetic. I also looked down into a cage and he saw me so he walked up as closed as he can to me looking up! So I scratched his shell and he didn't mind it at all! He just sat there and didn't even put his head back in! I was then like OH MAH GAWD YAYAYAYAAYAYAY!!! Maybe that earthquake made him enjoy himself more :) If you did read all of that then thanks!

Mini parkour:D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Your "mini parkour" had me cracking up!! During the winter when my daughter would have her friends over and they were inside I would hear a loud crash-bang and then a breathless voice would say "parkour". Haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.