Gulf Coast box turtle rescue?

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
I have a Gulf Coast box turtle that is ready for a new home. However, due to time constraints I have not been able to get him on my site and start screening people. Being a little Eastern, Washington rescue has proven to be unbelievably busy! I had another unexpected rescue this weekend in minimal health.

I'm looking for a rescue organization that could take him. Giving directly to a rescue will eliminate HOURS spent screening people.

If anyone has recommendations or works with one, please send them my way.

Thanks in advance.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I can take the gulf coast in . I live in New Caney Tx . Just north of Houston . I don't have any boxes turtles now . But I live in a good area for them . I have ten tortoise now . Three are from kelly (tortadise ) Three other rescues from around my area . I've always wanted to work with the gulf cost box turtles . So please keep me in mind. On the other hand I can't think of a better person than Yvonne . She isn't as far away as Texas and has a group already . Thanks for posting and doing what you do .

Last edited:

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
All,
My quest to place the Gulf Coast BT in a rescue organization has failed. I have not been able to find one that is able to take him under the conditions I require. No worries though! I'll be adopting him out as I would any other rescue. If you are interested please see my website, www.northwesttortoise.com under rescues and adoptions. If you are interested, please send me an email through my site. Because we have so many great keepers on the forum I'll waive the long form for screening purposes.

Shipping will not be a problem, happy to do it when it's warm enough.

Because of the interest I've received I'll go in (expressed) applicant order: Sissyfone/Maria is first on the list. Second is Mike Taylor. If you change your mind please let me know.

Thanks.

Marty T

Sounds fair.
But if anyone has a rescue and need to re home it give me a shout.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, Texas
I emailed you from your site. Please let me know when you receive it my Gmail is acting up. Thank you.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Thank You bouaboua, I've been working on a really nice box turtle enclosure. Will post pics when I'm done. lol I mean IMO Box Turtles are such little comedians. I think they will bring me much joy in the long run. And Arnold is too cute.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
Thank You bouaboua, I've been working on a really nice box turtle enclosure. Will post pics when I'm done. lol I mean IMO Box Turtles are such little comedians. I think they will bring me much joy in the long run. And Arnold is too cute.

Congrats! I love box turtles!

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
The adoption with Sissyfone did not work out. Second on the list is Mike Taylor. Mike if you are still interested please send me an email. Thanks.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sorry I can't right now . Please get him a good home . If you go down the list and it isn't taken then I will give him a good home .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I don't need a new tortoise right now . I'm in the middle of building new enclosures . So time and money is short . I want to make sure the tortoises I have are all setup as best as I can . But like I said if she goes down the list and nobody takes him I will .