guess im still new to enclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyprettyrave

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
i went to redo my enclosure today and it seemed to not work to my advantage. i was hoping i could get some tips/ or photos from some people.

also, does it disturb the tortoise if you change the enclosure frequently? i am only changing it bec i am trying to figure out a way that is best for her.

if pictures are needed or wanted i can post some.
thank you

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Your responses would be very different for different kinds of turtles and tortoises, so we'll need to know what you are housing.

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
heyprettyrave said:
also, does it disturb the tortoise if you change the enclosure

Sure will. As kids they come out their dens and forage then go back for cover. In nature thats pretty much the routine for all smaller Torts. They pretty much stick to the same areas. So the scenery changes little.

I have heard of Torts not knowing how to return into their hides because the hide was rotated 90 degrees. When you build the new place keep the same decorations and maybe change them out now and them.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Like others have mentioned ..what kind of tort? If its your Icon ...it looks like an RF. .. There is tons of info in the RF and enclosure sections , and were always here to help! Keep us posted .
JD~:)

Status
Not open for further replies.