Guardian of the torts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Here is one of my black cats, He is at the entrance of the tortoise house. He looks menacing but is not at all to the tortoises. If the cinder block is not in front of the door he will open it and go sleep with them. Ive got 2 black cats, the one in the photo here is more mellow

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love that picture! How impressive it would be if you could see only his eyes.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
emysemys said:
I love that picture! How impressive it would be if you could see only his eyes.

Here is another one that you can see his eyes better

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Hey Yvonne, here are the eyes, I was thinking the same thing as I looked at the first pic. Great pics, my wife does those puzzles online and one was a whole bunch of cat faces with neat eyes.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Len said:
Hey Yvonne, here are the eyes, I was thinking the same thing as I looked at the first pic. Great pics, my wife does those puzzles online and one was a whole bunch of cat faces with neat eyes.

Very cool eyes

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
So tonight (weird it is after you post your good cat protecting the torts) I went around to do my before dark check to make sure all CDTs are in their spots for the night and I see the neighbors stray cat laying in the opening of one of the CDTs hide---his favorite hide---and so thought this was curious as well as I did not appreciate it as Haus is the sensitive one of the bunch....

So, after about 10 minutes I decided I could not stand it any longer and wanted to go see if Haus was snugged in ....and so I go there with the flash light and what do I see....no Haus, but did see where this cat had her kitten a week ago....yup, a brand new kitten (maybe two could not tell totally)...so I begin the search in the yard for Haus....I find him in his dug out pallet in the corner of the yard covered over by a couple of tumbleweeds....pretty smart because I cursed about 20 times each time I pulled the tumbleweed out of the way...swooped him up and brought him inside ...gave him a heaping pile of his fav snacks...he peed after refilling with the snacks...and into his brumating box for the night....

So, looks like he will be in for the night for a week or two......crazy darn cats....

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
ascott said:
So tonight (weird it is after you post your good cat protecting the torts) I went around to do my before dark check to make sure all CDTs are in their spots for the night and I see the neighbors stray cat laying in the opening of one of the CDTs hide---his favorite hide---and so thought this was curious as well as I did not appreciate it as Haus is the sensitive one of the bunch....

So, after about 10 minutes I decided I could not stand it any longer and wanted to go see if Haus was snugged in ....and so I go there with the flash light and what do I see....no Haus, but did see where this cat had her kitten a week ago....yup, a brand new kitten (maybe two could not tell totally)...so I begin the search in the yard for Haus....I find him in his dug out pallet in the corner of the yard covered over by a couple of tumbleweeds....pretty smart because I cursed about 20 times each time I pulled the tumbleweed out of the way...swooped him up and brought him inside ...gave him a heaping pile of his fav snacks...he peed after refilling with the snacks...and into his brumating box for the night....

So, looks like he will be in for the night for a week or two......crazy darn cats....

So you have a new kitten, Digging thru tumble weeds sounds like so much fun. Both my cats are GOOD but one is just TUFF as can be:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.