Growth?

Wendy Proulx

Location (City and/or State)
Chesapeake VA
4A95B59D-F35B-414D-BE52-D49EEBC1B24B.jpeg i found this area on my Yellow Foot the other day. It seemed red that other day and I though it might be a cut of some sort. Now it is brown and seems to be a little bigger. It is only on the one side of his mouth. He is still eating well and gaining weight, but I want to make sure it isn’t anything serious. He won’t let me touch it to see if I can remove it or not. Thank for any input.

Wendy Proulx

Chesapeake VA
Was able to take a Qtip with warm water and gently remove the area. Looks like it was a scab and there is a small cut under it. Wound looks good thou, so I will keep an eye on it

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
That's a nice looking yellowfoot.
If it looks like it's not infected, I'd leave it alone. If things turn the other direction, I would water down some iodine (50:50 with water) and lightly wipe the area then follow it up with a very thin application of antibiotic ointment.

Wendy Proulx

Chesapeake VA
That's a nice looking yellowfoot.
If it looks like it's not infected, I'd leave it alone. If things turn the other direction, I would water down some iodine (50:50 with water) and lightly wipe the area then follow it up with a very thin application of antibiotic ointment.
Thank you.