GROWTH SPURT! Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri

I think we finally REALLY hit the growth spurt stage - our last update was September 24 and Squirt weighed in at 172 grams. He has steadily been putting on weight since then (we weigh him everyday) and 2 weeks later (today) he weighs in at a whopping 205 grams!! He has officially found a new love in pretty much anything we put on his food slate - he used to leave some behind and within the last month he's been clearing the whole thing waiting for more. Time to start really preparing for this guy to grow - and looks like he'll be moving into his new tort table by the end of this month! :D Thank you all for everything - if it wasn't for TFO we might not have found all the great information that helped make our lil guy grow so smooooooth! :p
Of course here's some new pictures to go along with our update!
ENJOY!
-C
25rovo6.jpg

[Think he's feeling a little fat & embarrassed]
2vvp2cp.jpg

bjbt46.jpg

2h3cz9t.jpg

2mpl9vc.jpg

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
sulcatababies1402 said:
very nice looking sully so how old is he just out of curiosity:) he looks very smooth and very healthy good job :D

We got him as a hatchling June 2010 - So about 1 year and 4 months old. And thank you! Seems like our life has revolved around him since the day we got him - not that I'd have it any other way! :p

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
looking like some smooth growth, nice pictures.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Nice tort! But it just blows me away that my Cooper is 10 months old and weighs 560 grams! The way some grow slower then others is so strange. I sort of wish Cooper would have grown a little slower. But we love him all the same. Thanks for the great pics and the update!

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
Squirt sends his thanks to everyone! :) and of course he decided to pretend to be a sea turtle just for show! :p
[Sorry pic didn't work from phone - here it is!]

21ls86c.jpg

Attachments

• image-632520872.png
    image-632520872.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
Stephanie said:
That sea turtle pose is GREAT! lol!
His growth is so beautiful! Squirt is just gorgeous :)

Aww thank you!
Lol he soaks like that everyday on his own. He absolutely LOVES the warm water! :p If I could record his every move and make a movie I would - might be boring to some but I'd watch it over & over. :D

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Awwww. He's so cute....and he does look like a sea turtle impersonater :cool:

jbean7916

5 Year Member
How do you keep his feet so clean??? My little KP is filthy ALL THE TIME!! I even used a little rag on him the other day because he was so covered in dirt!! Is it because I use topsoil instead of coco coir?

Either way your tort is a cutie!

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
jbean7916 said:
How do you keep his feet so clean??? My little KP is filthy ALL THE TIME!! I even used a little rag on him the other day because he was so covered in dirt!! Is it because I use topsoil instead of coco coir?

Either way your tort is a cutie!

We just soak him everyday and he self soaks in his enclosure usually too - but otherwise his feet are pretty much always clean. I would definitely say the difference is the top soil. We have never used anything but coco coir and he's always pretty clean. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.