Not open for further replies.

Kayti

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ashland, Oregon
terracolson said:
How are you measuring SCL?

probably not correct haha let me look into how i am and see if its correct or if i need to remeasure but if i am off its only by a little.. i put the cloth tape measure on the bottom of the shell long ways

I
Is this tortoise living with others? was 2 others now its only with it cluth mate, i had to move one out

Also, what are you doing to keep her growth so smooth?

Praying to God!! haha
humidity 60 to 75% on eco earth.. one week at the sitters on newspaper and he came back with mini pyramiding or it could be just his growth...

I read that higher temps cause the dark growth areas to go white/marble- but yours doesn't seem to have much of that. Mine is already starting to go white.

Outside as much as possible, if its about 70 they are out all day!
otherwise.. i dont really trip on temps to much..i am more relaxed than most i think..

here is one of my enclosure temps before i changed it last week... i had to separate the 3..
penwithtemps.jpg

Thanks! Our care is pretty significantly different.

Also, I've been talking to Egyptiandan, and he says a lot of S.p.babcocki leopards were hybridized with the bigger S.p.pardalis 15 or 20 years ago because keepers were having issues hatching out eggs. So, there are a lot of mixed tortoises out there. Mine has a few traits of the big S.p.pardalis subspecies, which could be part of why he/she is heavier.
Now it makes sense to me that Leopards seem to be all over the place with growth rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.