image-3118803142.png
    202.5 KB · Views: 87

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Looks okay to me for a month of growth. Got weights?

Deac77

5 Year Member
Nah don't have a scale lol I'm just paranoid they are not growing right but they get at least 4-8 hours outside in the sun a day and eat a whole mixtures of greens and spring mix but they won't touch grass or hay :( so in nervous lol

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Try chopping up some fresh grass super fine with scissors and just keep mixing very small amounts with whatever other greens you are feeding. It will take some time for them to get used to it. Gradually increase the amount of grass, but don't be in a hurry. You can also get a product called "Salad Style" from Tyler at tortoisesupply.com. It is finely chopped Timothy hay and orchard grass hay. You just sprinkle some on top and get an instantly better diet for them. Don't worry too much about it though. In time your babies will eat everything in sight.

.... And go get a scale. You can find them at Target, Walmart or Sears. It's pretty cheap and a good way to track their growth.

Deac77

5 Year Member
Alright haha I have tried and they pick around it lol but they are still young guess they can be picky lol

Ruchonnet

5 Year Member
Central Valley, CA
Mine wouldn't touch grass forever!! And finally I started taking out lettuce almost completely and He must have gotten hungry cause now he'll eat it!

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Mine only want to eat grass when they are grazing outside. When I mix it in with the spring mix they pick out the spring mix and leave the grass and weeds. I have tried cutting it up small but it doesn't entice them to eat it. I figure that since I see them eat it outside that they will eventually get used to it and I have been cutting back on the spring mix. Keep us posted and make sure you put up some pics. also.:)

Joanne134

5 Year Member
They look good! Mine had a growth spurt around the age of 2-3 yrs. old. And yes, do keep us posted showing their progress/pics. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.