Normal shell growth

Jtglack

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado Springs
Is this normal she'll growth?
The one from straight up on the counter is the first day I got them and the slight angel one on the black shirt is about a month ago and the one on the white shirt is today. They are just about 4 months old now

Attachments

• 0630211253.jpg
    0630211253.jpg
    1,022.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20210609-005044.png
    Screenshot_20210609-005044.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • 0609210051.jpg
    0609210051.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 14

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looking fine to me. However, to keep it that way we need to know how you are housing them? Temps, humidity, type of lighting etc.
Also how many are there? Tortoises need to be housed by themselves or in groups.

Jtglack

Colorado Springs
Looking fine to me. However, to keep it that way we need to know how you are housing them? Temps, humidity, type of lighting etc.
Also how many are there? Tortoises need to be housed by themselves or in groups.
They live in a bookshelf on it's side, they live by themselves and the humidity is ruffly 70% to 90% humidity with 70 to 100 temp. And gets uva/uvb inside the enclosure and goes outside all the time.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Is the bookshelf a closed chamber? If not, it's not likely the humidity or temps will stay correct.
As for temps, do not let it get below 80 day or night. 70 is too low and they will get sick.
Make sure you are using digital gauges to read temp and humidity and not thr cheap disc ones the pet stores sell.
Also if you are using a mercury vapor bulb, they will cause pyramiding even with high humidity.

Jtglack

Colorado Springs
Is the bookshelf a closed chamber? If not, it's not likely the humidity or temps will stay correct.
As for temps, do not let it get below 80 day or night. 70 is too low and they will get sick.
Make sure you are using digital gauges to read temp and humidity and not thr cheap disc ones the pet stores sell.
Also if you are using a mercury vapor bulb, they will cause pyramiding even with high humidity.
I have a closed lid to put over the enclosure to trap humidity and yeah I have digital humidity and temperature gauge.