Grotle Eats Only One Kind

Status
Not open for further replies.

mselayan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UAE
Hello!
I got my Greek tortoise Grotle from a pet shop 3 days ago. It finally started eating as well as activity. It's exploring the place and has already picked a constant sleeping spot xD
The problem is that it rejects anything other than romaine lettuce!!!
I offered parsley, turnip, cucumbers, tomatoes and carrots and it wouldn't eat any of those :(
I'm worried that this makes an imbalanced diet and will cause deficiency of some nutrients :S
Any suggestions?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Your correct in that will not be good for him. Chop up the other things you are trying to feed, along with a little bigger chop if the romaine. Spritz it all with water so it sticks together. He has to eat the better stuff in order to eat the romaine. As he gets used to eating this, slowly put less and less of the romaine until he is willingly eating the other stuff.

mselayan

5 Year Member
UAE
wellington said:
Your correct in that will not be good for him. Chop up the other things you are trying to feed, along with a little bigger chop if the romaine. Spritz it all with water so it sticks together. He has to eat the better stuff in order to eat the romaine. As he gets used to eating this, slowly put less and less of the romaine until he is willingly eating the other stuff.

Thanks I'll try that when I get back home.. I dunno why I didn't get notified about this reply :S

Status
Not open for further replies.