Greetings from Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

baskets

5 Year Member
I am mom to 2 eastern box turtles, Gertie and Amos Andy (formerly know as Amelia). They have matured and are really going at it :rolleyes:. I am so glad to have found this forum, what a wealth of information for the reading.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! Question, those are not the turtles your talking about in your avatar are they? Reason I am asking is because those are not Eastern box turtles. :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi baskets:

Glad to have you here on the Forum with us.

If your two turtles are the ones shown in your avatar, they are more than likely Terrapene carolina triunguis (three-toed), and not easterns.

They look very happy and healthy.

baskets

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi baskets:

Glad to have you here on the Forum with us.

If your two turtles are the ones shown in your avatar, they are more than likely Terrapene carolina triunguis (three-toed), and not easterns.

They look very happy and healthy.

Wow! Glad I found ya'll, I've just assumed they were ebt (what I was told). I will take pictures of them tomorrow and post so you can give me a definite on each. Thanks.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
baskets said:
Wow! Glad I found ya'll, I've just assumed they were ebt (what I was told). I will take pictures of them tomorrow and post so you can give me a definite on each. Thanks.

That'll give us some fun! We all love to ID animals in here. :D

baskets

5 Year Member
If you click on my avatar the picture is pretty big. Amos, on the left, definitely looks like a typical three-toed. But what about Gertie? She has 3 toes, so is she just a different coloration? Her shell is much more domed and rounded than his, and of course she's prettier :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They both look like 3-toed to me. I have several with the same coloration as the one on the right.

baskets

5 Year Member
Thanks! I stand corrected, mom to 2 three-toed I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.